Thursday, August 7, 2014

My Parents Open Carry - read the reviews on Amazon: Funny but serious

http://www.juanitajean.com/2014/08/06/fun-with-gun-literary-edition/

Juanita Jean

This started out as a 5 Star rating, but quickly went down hill as the evening progressed.

After saying our prayers to Jesus and Charlton Heston, I sat on the edge of my kids bed to read them this book, when I shifted my position and accidentally set off my 9mil that was strapped to my hip, shooting myself in the thigh. This wouldn't have been so bad, flesh wounds happen, other than the fact that I hit an artery and started spurting blood all over my kids Ted Nugent and Sarah Palin sheets. 4 Stars for not covering a gun's safety in your book.

After tying a tourniquet to my leg and wiping the blood off the kids, we headed to the emergency room for treatment. We made sure to bring the book along to continue reading the story to the kids while we waited, not wanting to waste a valuable teaching moment.

There were a lot of minorities in the Emergency Room when we got there, some that were even carrying intimidating guns on their hip, frightening my family. I'm sure they were up to no good. But fortunately, I still had my 9mil. on my hip, and my wife had our trusty AR-15 on her shoulder, so we knew we were safe.

No comments: