Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My Aunt Ada Died and will be buried this Friday.

I was eating lunch and reading e-mail when I read my Aunt Ada died and will be buried Friday.  I cried.  Reading about her death brought back the memories of a wonderful person who helped many and taught me a lot just by watching how she and Uncle Herb lived their lives. 

They were both nurses until they were into their 70s.  Ada had extremely thick glasses.  She was always smiling and happy.  They traveled in a van extensively and I was invited often.  If there is a heaven Herb and Ada deserve a front row seat. 

Now, I have to decide whether to go back to Alaska tomorrow or stay for the funeral  My program is struggling with me gone and we got a new student. 

I leave Alaska in June just because of situations like this.  I realize more and more that I need to be closer to the family issues which come to the surface. 

No comments: