Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Why a parent was pissed off at school

I was teaching in a school district which was voting on a school levy.  If the levy failed, all district schools would be close within a month.

I got a call from a mom and she was very upset.  She told me to get her son back on the school bus to and from school or she would vote NO on the school levy.   She also said she would get all of her friends to vote NO on the levy as well.   I then asked why her son was suspended from the bus.  She said he had been accused of smoking POT on the bus.  She told me to tell the Principal to get him on the bus TOMORROW.  I told her I would tell the Principal what she said but I said I think the consequence will stand given the reason for the loss of bus privileges.

The vote was NO and the school closed.  I took 3 weeks that the schools were closed and put my application in with other districts.  A new vote was held and the levy passed.  I moved to a new school district the next year.  (This happened many years ago.)


No comments: