Monday, December 17, 2012

Teaching - Post Connecticut Tragedy

I dreaded going in to school today.  I was afraid of what the students would ask or say about the tragedy.  It turned out to be just a normal day where we were understaffed so we were scrambling.

The kids had a very quiet morning and were just working on their lessons- just the usual.  It was a pleasant surprise.  I think our students are more concerned about the man in the van who is trying to get kids to get into his van.  I did see a van on a tow truck this weekend and I hope they caught the guy.

I also hope that we get our front entrance opened up in January so we can lock our side doors which go from the outside to the hall and right into classrooms.  At least with the front entrance, the people would enter the school and have to check in with the office.

As staff at a school, we are forever vigilant and trying to make a safe and secure environment.  It is very tiring.  I am wiped out today.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Glad you got through the first day ok. I can imagine it would have been hard!