Thursday, December 20, 2012

Guns didn't stop the massacre on a military base

What meaningful Changes will the NRA propose?  Curious - They could say that every person have a gun and take it into any school of their choosing?  That would sure make me feel safer - NOT!

After all, isn't it the hardcore gun owners who are saying "If the teachers had been armed..." fully neglecting the fact that there have been mass killing on military bases where there are arms aplenty. If trained military officers and soldiers can't react quickly enough to a slaughter by automatic weaponry, how in the heck is a principal supposed to a) hear gun fire, b) recognize it as gun fire, c) run to the gun safe, d) open it while emotionally compromised, e) pull out a weapon, f) load it (because presumably you wouldn't want loaded weapons in a school, and g) run back down the hall and steady herself (since most principals are women) and shoot a gunman, all without sacrificing another student?


As a teacher, I would like to add this,  If I were in charge of the weapon and I opened fire on a suspect and shot and/or killed a student.  Even if I took out the shooter, my life would be devastated.  I would have a hard time living with myself.  Reminder:  Schools are crowded places with little people.

`We had massacres on military bases where there were plenty of guns - Teachers with Guns will do better?

No comments: