Sunday, September 23, 2012

It was a rainy weekend and this afternoon the rain was a downpour.  Just a few minutes ago, we had torrential rain - quite noisy and loud.  With the regular downpour, we had rain running down the streets. I live close to the Gastineau Channel so the water ultimately runs off into the Channel.  In the valley, they get overflowing streams and have water getting near houses.  There is some snow starting to fall on the tops of mountains, there was a little white when the clouds let the mountains show through.

I will be in Portland, OR two weeks from today.  I am going to see my Grandson Bennie for the first time.  I have seen pictures but I get to hang out with the little guy.  I will sleep in the room next to him and they said he will wake me up at night.  Getting out of Alaska is sure expensive though.  




1 comment:

Ashley said...

We are excited to have you here, pops! Benny is excited to meet his Pappi. Benny is sleeping in our room with us, so he won't technically be sleeping in the room next to you. Buuuut, I can't guarantee his cries won't wake you up in the middle of the night!