Saturday, October 22, 2011

A week after Julie's Memorial.

A week ago today was my sister, Julie's memorial service. I am in Alaska and could not get away while the service was in Alaska.

I was drained all week. I made it through, but man was I tired. I had friends who wanted to go hang out Friday but I was just too tired. I am so very lazy, I can't believe it.

I have two more weeks of tons of work to do and if things settle down, I will be able to take a day off - I hope. I do feel it would be helpful to take a few days to grieve.

I am tired this AM but it sure is nice to be able to lay here and watch the mountain and the rain coming down. I have to get to school and do a lot of work this weekend though. I probably won't get a hike in today.

Two more weeks of pushing through should bet me caught up and kids settled down. (I do have one child where that may not be the case though. One case looks like a long term kid, 2 to 3 years to get reasonable behavior. My old kids, kids I have had 2 or 3 years are doing well which is so very helpful. That allows me more time on my new group and two of them are time consuming.

Then I get called over to another school to help out and anyway, I am stretched. Time is sure flying by though. Two more very tough weeks and then it should slow down a bit - I hope.

No comments: