Sunday, October 9, 2011

More pictures - last weekend we had sun

I have not seen any bears in 3 weeks. The salmon are not running. I have seen more eagles. I saw 3 yesterday while hiking around the Glacier, which pleases me. There are still hundreds of Arctic Terns around but not the Thousands which we had a couple of weeks ago. The Terns are no longer spending much time at Mendenhall Glacier. They seem to stay in Gastineau Channel at night and fly out when it gets light.






You will notice the sun in these pictures. There are actually mountain goats in some of the pictures but they are so very small that you cannot see them. I saw the little white dots moving on the brown rocks, There were about 3 - 5 of them. I actually climbed to the elevation they were located but they on the mountain on the other side of the valley.

No comments: