Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Where is SPRING?




I am in Oregon and we have a day or two of great sunshine and then 3 or 4 days of rain in various degrees. What happened to our sun. I am getting in my bike riding but it sure can be cold and windy. I am amazed actually about how different weather impacts my riding. Sunny days, I can go 30 miles rather easily. Cold and blustery days I go 10 to 15 miles but it is fighting my body. I think it has to do with muscles being warmed up easily on warm days. I think too that mental outlook is better on sunny days. I see the sun and feel so much better.

Sun - too much is a good thing though. I lived in San Diego for a year and constant sun got old. Air Conditioning in Jan, Feb, Mar is crazy but it was needed. So, I like the variety of weather but I like to escape to warm weather after being in cold for a while.

Alex and I are heading to Nevada in a couple of days. He (3) gets to hang out with his cousins (2,4) for a week and I will take Tricia to her medical appt next Monday in Salt Lake City. I see there might be snow falling on the way to NV.

I am ready for spring.

No comments: