Sunday, December 6, 2009

Wild Burros at Oatman, AZ




These are wild Burros seen in and around Oatman, AZ, a living ghost town. They wander all over the place and follow you around. You can buy carrots to feed them. However, do not feed the babies, they could choke on the carrots. There are stickers on their head that say 'do not feed me."

Bike Riding: I went for a bike ride and it was great. My body was able to push it and I just felt good during the ride.

SHOOTERS: While bike riding, I rode past 3 groups of people shooting. These people shoot right next to the road, which is only 2 miles from housing developments. People can carry guns in Arizona, they just have to have the gun in public view. There were 2 groups shooting shotguns and then I came across one guy who was shooting a 44 Magnum. He shot it off just as I was riding by him and it was loud. He had noise reduction ear muffs on so he did not even hear it. I rode faster after he shot.

LITTER: Then as I rode, I noticed the litter. People put crap out in the desert and shoot it. They do not pick it up after shooting it either. There are thousands of shot gun shells everywhere as well as beer cans. The guy with the magnum was shooting a beer can.

No comments: