Saturday, December 19, 2009

26 degree - 12 mile- bike ride




***I just drove the truck to see the milage on my bike ride - it is a 12 mile ride, not 8 or 9. We have had freezing fog all day - the high temp got to be 26 degrees. The sun finally kind of came out so I decided to get in a bike ride. I did my usual 9 or 10 mile run. I went about 4 miles up hill. I am trying to stay in good enough shape to cross country ski into Trillium Lake up on Mt Hood next week. I take off for OR in two days.

i also will be doing some snowboarding next weekend.

Looking Funny: I wss wearing shorts, sweats, snow pants, 3 layers of shirts, a sweater and a wind breaker along with 30 below boots from my days in the village. Talk about looking weird. I might add, I rode the same ride yesterday wearing tennis shoes and my toes froze. That is why I wore the AK boots. Funny thing is: My toes were cold in the big boots as well.

I feel I am ready to cross country ski and snowboard though - I really needed the bike ride to whip my lazy butt into shape for some serious, but wonderful, exercise.

No comments: