Sunday, November 15, 2009

Snow boarding on Mt Hood






I turned 60 yesterday! For my 60th, I wanted to do something physical. My plan was to bike ride 30 miles. I then heard about 2 feet or more of powder snow on the mountains so there was a sudden change of plans. My daughter Ashley and I went up to Mt. Hood for snowboarding.

The snow was better than I would have anticipated. There was real powder. There were NO LINES either which makes it great in itself.Just a great day.
Then when I got home, I was invited to hear some friends band play in a bar. I went. It was fun, but I got to say: Going to a bar with a band that knows you on your birthday - be ready to be reminded that it is your birthday a lot.

The cake is from JA CIVA'S in Portland, OR. It is called a 7th heaven. It has 7 different types of chocolate. It is very good and very rich. Tasty!!!!!
It was a great birthday but I am sore today.

No comments: