Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I am in Wells, NV, Last Thanksgiving I was in Juneau, AK. The second year of not having Thanksgiving with family. I cooked a chicken and have the bike loaded up and heading out to bike ride in a canyon I have been meaning to check out.

The weather is wonderful. Sunny, no wind, 45 degrees today.

I have been ripping plywood off the floor of the living room. I made a mess! There is linoleum under the plywood and old pine under the linoleum. I am now taking the linoleum off. What a job. I should be in Bullhead City, AZ but it looks like Saturday.
I have to finish this up. I finally figured out how to get the linoleum up but it is a lot of work.

Wishing all the best on this Thanksgiving day! Off for a bike ride.

Update: The first ride was work! Uphill and in the shade where ice was forming. I went 3 or 4 miles up and turned around then went back to Wells to my familiar bike ride. That felt so much better. I got in about 12 miles.

I must admit that I miss family at Thanksgiving, it is kind of weird not to hang around those goofballs. However, Last year was in Juneau with teachers and this year basically just me. I wonder - what about next year?

No comments: