Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bobcat



Here are some Nov pictures of the Angel Lake area. I went there hoping to see enough snow for cross country skiing. Not enough. The lake is freezing up.

BOBCAT: I was asked to help with a little project and I said yes. We ssw a Bobcat and start it up. I am then taken to a backhoe gear for the Bobcat. The backhoe attachment is huge. It had also fallen down so it was not usable. One oompany said they would fix it for $800.00. This big thing had to be set upright. The ranger was in the Bobcat and gave me two chains then said my job was to hook the back hoe attachment up so it can be lifted. it looked impossible but I started,

I did some chain work and we lifted it. (The first time, the hook was lightly set and the whole thing could have come crashing down.) We got it lifted on the second set and then got hay bails to set it on to keep it up in the air.

We had it very close to being able to hook it up, inches. It was dark and we were working under lights so we called it quit. We went back this morning and an hour later, we had it sitting properly. (saved $800.00)

i then got lessons on driving the bobcat ans spent the next two hours doing bobcat work. It is kind of fun, I had driving a bulldozer years ago and it was kind of like that with hydraulics. I also got to hang around the horses.

It is snowing in Wells.

No comments: