Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Weekly drive/ My next home




It got down to 27 degrees one night. When it is freezing consistantly, I have to winterize Pole and move down to this place, called Mahoney.

I drive here weekly to clean toilets at camp grounds and to check on the place. It is currently being lived in by a crew. I also have rat duty. We are trying to catch a pack rat that is in the rafters. Driving: The rocks are spectacular. There is 18 miles of one lane dirt road to get to Mahoney. It is a total of 55 miles to get from Pole to Mahoney. 8 miles are paved.

I like Pole better than I like Mahoney. Mahoney is in a small town with about 50 residents. It also has a restaurant. I like Pole because it is so remote and I hear the coyotes howling all the time. I also see lots of antelope.

No comments: