Friday, September 18, 2009

70 Vultures & 4 ducks



There were about 70 vultures just outside the compound waiting for me to die. The previous folks said last year was the first time they had the vultures congregate. They stayed for two days and then took off - south?

The ducks are on a pond about 2/3 of a mile from the compound. I had just repaired the barbed wire fence across the street from them. The ducks are new additons - the previous folks said they rarely saw ducks. These look like young guys.

A fellow said he heard an elk bugle but I did not hear it - I will be listening though.
There are 30 antelope just off the ranger station. I was just told that by the survey crew who saw them. Now I know where to look.

I turn on the generator for 2 to 3 hours a night depending on how long the crews need power to charge batteries, etc. It goes from a regular house type situation to TOTAL DARKNESS as soon as I turn off the generator. The skies are so clear and the stars are amazing after the generator is out.

No comments: