Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!




Happy Mother's Day! Lots of mothers go on cruise ships for Mother's Day! We had 3 Ships in Juneau today and it was sunny! Downtown Juneau was packed with tourists - weird. It is so strange to see the sleepy town turn into a Disney type location. It is 7:30 PM and the ships are still here. They usually leave about 5 or 6 PM. The tourist stores were still open at 7 PM, when I drove by to check it out.

I read where one ship in AK had a swine flu case but they let the people off the ships so it was not one of these ships or they feel the case was contained on board. The eagles have left it seems. I went to where the eagles were last week but they were gone. I wonder if they do not like all the people. I drove out to the glacier and bus loads of people were checking out Mendenhall Glacier - weird.

I got used to having things quiet and not many people during the winter months.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Sorry to hear your peace is gone. You will be leaving Alaska soon though right?

Rich said...

I will be leaving about June 10 or so and traveling south by truck and ferry.

Julie said...

Glad to hear your are planning for next year, you can always change your mind if you decide you don't want to teach there next year.

Juneau looks completely different now, I know what you mean about the tourists, Branson is the same way turns a nice sleepy town into a zoo....oh well, everyone should experience Branson, very pretty in that part of the country when it is not having tornados.