Saturday, April 25, 2009

Eagle Beach





I drove to the end of the road to Eagle Beach and saw lots of Eagles. I had two days of inservice and I was allowed to take off and finish up paperwork, which was a tremendous help - got a lot done. I have 3 new students and had to figure out plans for a successful end of year. I have a couple of students who are having difficulty and adding 3 new kids complicates life. Got a lot done and I am thinking positively about the end of the year.

the sun is out until about 9 PM and Eagle Beach has the Eagles. I almost got one flying but missed by a little. I had an eagle fly above my truck with an enormous wing span. There are some big eagles at Eagle Beach.

The end of the road: Just before I went to Vegas, I tried to get to Eagle beach but it had 4 feet of snow. The road has been plowed and I was able to drive to just fine. Great trip. Juneau/Douglas are in the shadow of the mountains so it gets dark earlier but at the end of the road, it stays light until 9 PM. We are getting 5 minutes more of daylight each day. That is about 30 more daylight per week.

1 comment:

Kim said...

FANTASTIC PHOTOS Rich!!! See, you do great w/ bird photos. Gorgeous eagle shots!