Sunday, March 8, 2009

Broken Camera?



I went to Mendenhall Glacier twice this weekend and to the ski resort once. I was able to get back into the Glacier itself again today. That was not possible yesterday because there was a pool of water in front of the entrance. It was about 5 degrees last night so the water froze up and I was able to get inside the Glacier. It had some loud pops in there.
I then went to a hill and was taking pictures down onto the glacier when I talked to a fellow who said, 'You are 150 feet from the ice cave.' I checked it out and sure enough, I was close to an ice cave. I took pictures then fell on some ice and whacked the camera. I hope old faithful is still working. The pictures posted are not of the glacier. those will be coming up later. I sure hope the camera will come back to life.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Is it working at all now?? I get so afraid when I am on ice w/ my camera. I hope it works for you again because I love seeing your pictures.

Rich said...

After a couple of hours of the lens stuck open, it went in and seems to be working.

I want to get back to the ice cave and take more pictures. It is pretty amasing inside the ice cave. It was also a super sunny day so lots of sun shining through the ice.

Anonymous said...

rememnber when we were kids and there were ice caves at Mt Rainier, I think most of them are gone now, glad you enjoyed your adventure