Saturday, March 21, 2009

Beautiful DaY!!




Spring Break for me! I went snowboarding and cross country skiing into Mendenhall Glacier. FULL SUN ALL DAY!!!!!! AMAZING!!! I was thinking of what to do during vacation and options were: Take a ferry to another island or go to Canada. Rent a cabin from the Forest Service or hang around the mountain. Hanging around the mountain was cheapest so that is what I will do. I am buying a house in Nevada and my daughter is getting married in Vegas 4/10 and I have to be there. I had better save some money. I will also be ferrying this June to go south.

What a beautiful day. The blizzard last night loaded the ski resort with new snow and the snowboarding was wonderful. I went when it first opened and beat the crowd. I left by 11:30 and cross countried into Mendenhall glacier - SPECTACULAR! I think there is only a few more days of Mendenhall though, the water is rising and the snow is melting from the sun. My cross country into Mendenhall days may be ending very soon.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hooray for full sun. Especially for you!!! Smart choice about staying home. You will enjoy it even more I am sure and you can even relax some.

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful, looking forward to 4/10/09, fun days ahead.....leaving here next weekend for Gene's, long drive but will take it slow and easy......then home after the wedding....see you very soon