Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ice Skating at the Glacier



I was a bit bummed today because of the thought of 7 people being shot and 2 dead. My daughter and her friends were there too. Some families are going through some hard times right now. I was supposed to meet up with some people on the mountain but after the shooting stuff I just needed to get away.

I Went to Mendenhall Glacier and saw lots of ice skaters. I do not ice skate but wish I did after I saw them on the ice. Around Juneau, there are many frozen lakes which are used for skating and ice hockey. Since the snow is not good, people use the ice for enjoyment!
I am hoping for new snow so I can cross country out to the glacier. No snow today. 20 degrees.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I hope you get your snow so you can get out there to get your mind off of some of the unexplainable horrors of this world.

The ice skating picutres are simply gorgeous.

Rich said...

The gravity of the situation just got me bugged. I am looking forward to getting back to school so my mind can get back to regular stuff.

Anonymous said...

wow, I did not hear about this on the news...I will do my drinking at home to many crazies in this world to suit me. So thankful my delightful niece is okay and hopefully not to traumatized.