Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunny Sunday at Mendenhall Glacier



This is Mendenhall Glacier on a Sunny Sunday, 11/16/08. Notice the blue sky and no clouds! That never happens here. If we have a day with no rain, it is a reason to celebrate. THIS WAS SUN!!!! ALL DAY LONG, WE HAD SUN!!!!

The lake is freezing over. In the foreground, there is breaking ice. You could hear it crackle, pop and crack as the sun hit it. I was talking to a fellow who said he was able to ice skate on the ice this past week. I want to cross country ski to the glacier this winter.

I do not have sun glasses here either. I will bet that it will rain tomorrow! We do not have 2 nice days in a row here in Juneau. I was told that Ketchican is rainier than Juneau.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, amazing! Wish you had more days like this

Rich said...

If we had more sun, like today, people would flock here. The rain keeps a lot of people away and I think I like that. I go hiking and see more animals than I do people.