Sunday, September 7, 2008

Native HipHop



We had our first sunny and beautiful day for a week and I went for a hike on a new trail at Mendenhall Glacier. On the way, a para called and insisted I attend a Rock The Vote concert later in the day. Both of my paras are in bands and they were both playing in in the Rock the Vote. I promised I would go since I did not go to the last 3.

It was a great hike but I did not make the glacier because I had to get back to the concert. I got to hear the paras band, which were great. I ALSO HEARD NATIVE HIP HOP! I got a copy of their CD. I never thought I would like hip hop but it would have been perfect for Emmonak. I was totally impressed. I then stayed around for the rest of the bands and they were so good.

I had no idea how much talent there is here in Juneau. I had no idea that the people I worked with were so talented.

No comments: