Sunday, May 18, 2008

Frozen Yukon River Today



This is the frozen Yukon River today, the last full day that I am here. Still no signs of break up. The water level is much higher than last week. I was able to walk down below the rock wall last week. It is now water. 24 hours from now, I will be almost be in Anchorage, AK.

**WARNING: I HAVE NOT HAD A HAIRCUT SINCE DECEMBER and I will not shave until I get back to Portland! I will try to take a shower before I get on the jet to Oregon but if I miss that - watch out. My hiking boots are coated with Yukon River Mud too. **You might want to bring a clothes pin to plug up your nose when I get to Oregon just in case I forget to shower.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...the stinky man style will no doubt get you through airport security faster and you may even get a good section of the airplane to yourself. Travel as you wish...you've earned it :)

Ashley said...

haha! I'll look forward to it. Are you going to come down to Eugene to visit?