Friday, April 25, 2008

Emmonak Earthquake




Earthquate - not really. The apartment was shaking and rattling and it kept it up for 90 seconds. That is a long time for an earthquake. Then I saw a super sized scoop rolling down the road on tracks. It was breaking holes in the snow bank to let the water roll to the Yukon River. Once the machine passed, earthquake was over.

Weather: 32 degrees and sunny yesterday. I was walking on some snow yesterday and the snow collapsed. I had my school shoes on and I fell into about 9 inches of water. My school shoes were soaked and my pants were wet. The puddles of water are smaller because they were ice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yuck ! Cold wet feet....and if you are anything like my dad was....stinky too ! HaHa :) That's a deep puddle ,you be careful !!

It sounds like you are really enjoying your experience there and getting a lot out of your adventure :)

Thanks for sharing it with those of us who are following your blog !

Hugs ,
Bonnie