Tuesday, January 15, 2008

AN EMMONAK TEACHER STORY

People get hired here over the phone, with a phone interview or a series of interviews. A lady was interviewed and accepted a job. She flew to Anchorage and then to Emmonak, just like me. She got off the plane in her high heels and started walking to the airport buildings. Her heel sunk into the dirt and then broke off. She walked a little more and then turned around, got back on the plane and has not been seen since.

If you like high heels. you will probably not be here long.

3 comments:

Brianna said...

I'm laughing my butt off at this, since I can totally see myself doing just that!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. I LOVE that people in Emmonak don't wear high heels! I may just consider checking that place out. High heels were designed to keep women cold and in pain - I hate both of those things!

Ashley said...

HAHA!!! That is awesome. Some people just aren't made for boots! I love it. I hope its a true story. By the way TT, not all high heels are uncomfortable!